As an ambitious seller, you always expect a lucrative price for your property. You think that hiring an expert estate agent is the secret of success. However, you should always remember that the agent evaluates your property, but the prime responsibility lies on the shoulders of the viewer. He shows it to the potential buyers on behalf of the agent and you.
Therefore, one shouldn’t underestimate the power of a great viewer when a good price is wished-for. Rather, experts have an opinion that the sellers should be more skeptical while selecting a viewer than the real estate agent. It sounds weird, but it is true!
What are the things you should be watchful in a great viewer?
Well, there could be a difference of opinion about it due to individual preferences. Still, there are some generic guidelines.
- A “Prince Charming” personality: Yes, it is indeed true. Here, it doesn’t mean that the viewer has to be good-looking and attractive but he she or he should have a personality that reflects positivity and enthusiasm. The person should reflect non-verbal signals that he or she loves the job. The rapport should be built within a few minutes of interaction. Since the viewer will meet and greet the potential buyers of your property, the personal reflection makes or breaks the perception about your property as well.
- Know-it-all: The viewer has to be well-informed about the local properties. What does a property offers? What is there that is beyond our vision? What makes a property so special and different from others? Why should she or he recommend your property and not some other? The interaction between potential buyers and the viewer makes a big difference. It builds a perception about the property and influences the buying decision. Since each buyer has a different perception about the property, it is the skill of a viewer to emphasize on the preferred attributes.
- Should be able to manage the conversation well: A smart, knowledgeable and well-informed viewer can take the deal final by managing conversations well. She or he needs to spend a considerable time in understanding the background and rationale of buyers. He has to point out at the positive things. The approach should be assertive. However, it should not pressurize the client.
- He should accompany the buyers without fail: When buyers come to your property, it is mandatory that the viewer accompanies them. It should happen all the time. If buyers come alone, then there is always a possibility of ambiguity ad confusion. Remember, the viewer has expertise in the art of selling. She or he knows what points to be considered and what should be avoided? As a seller, you may tend to miss something important.
What does impress a viewer when he comes to your place?
- The Kitchen should be sparkling clean: A shabby kitchen makes the viewer passive about the property. When you decide to sell the property, keep it presentable round the clock. A viewer gets impressed with a clean and nicely arranged kitchen. Buyers not only look at the exterior but the overall maintenance of the house.
- Fix the faults: Even if you have left with the least interest in the property, do not let the viewer point out leakage and repairs. Get the misaligned tiles in place and mend the leaking gutters. Replace the faulty taps and affix loose cables and wires well. A viewer looks everything with a critic’s view. Hence, you have to be extra cautious. Of course, it doesn’t mean you spend a fortune on renovation, but quick fix small problems. Small efforts, e.g. touching up chipped paint or replacing wallpaper will do.
- Get rid of the clutter: Just throw everything that is unnecessary and unwanted. Remove all family photographs, trophies, medals and wall hangings from showcases, pelmets, and walls. Neither the viewer nor buyers are interested in it. These things distract buyers. They can’t focus on the highlights of your property.
- Tapestry should be clean and attractive: To impress the viewer, keep everything in order including the tapestry and carpets. Old, stained and torn carpets or tapestry gives your home a shabby look. If it is not possible to re-carpet the entire room, then do patching wherever is necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness: You should keep the house always clean. Buyers can arrive any time with the viewer. A clean home would impress the visitors. Though it is a little bit difficult, you have to do it for a good deal.
- Do not miss the bathroom: Do you think that the buyers won’t be interested in looking at your bathroom because it is something personal? You are mistaken. Always keep the bathrooms and washrooms sparkling clean. Chipped tiles should be replaced immediately. Remove all unwanted stuff in the bathroom. Sponges, shampoo bottles, toilet accessories, cleaning material; it takes away the beauty of the bathroom. It appears like a warehouse. Clean up bathroom fittings and showers to enhance the appearance.
All the factors discussed earlier are certainly important, but one more critical aspect should not be missed. Give a space to the perspective buyer or viewer. Don’t interfere when they look around the property. When they leave your home, there is a feeling of satisfaction and containment. When they carry a positive impression, it is more likely that they will finalize the deal. Even if the surveyor mentions a few minor defects in the report, they will not mind it.
You browse the Internet and find loads of tips and tricks about. However, there is a big gap between the concepts and the reality. Even if you have listed the best properties on the website, it is of no use if it doesn’t catch the attention of many buyers. In the world of online market, visibility is extremely important. You should contact an experienced and well-known viewer in the town who can showcase the property in front of the potential buyers effectively and impressively. It increases the probability of the deal.